Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lady in Red

Saturday, November 7th








Ok, so I realize that pub culture is pretty ubiquitous, but today was something I've never experienced. After a day of more bad apartment visits, INCLUDING hearing Tina say the word "Japs" in reference to a Japanese tenant, we decided it was time for beer. A neighboring hotel advertises an Irish pub, the Dublin, so we thought we should go. I'm writing this with a stupid grin on my face because just thinking of it is making me laugh. We went to and Irish bar, in India, drank Indian beer and had fish and chips. As if that wasn't enough, they had a cover band. These were 5 guys, with their posse of friends, singing bad songs from the 80s and 90s. These guys were reading the song lyrics off of their cell phone! Apparently you can download a lyrics application. So we're the two white people in the pub, listening to this cover band and enjoying our Kinfisher, when Charles decides that we need to request a song. I, for some stupid reason, decide that these guys must know "Lady in Red." So Charles requests it and the dedication goes out "To Keem from Chalees." These guys sing songs that I know all the words to, because that's my idiot savant skill, and we just end up having a big sing along. If we weren't being stared at before, well now it's out of control. It was a pretty great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment